Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

philco 37-630 console cap value

Not even sure what to do now!  This chassis has the tube on top of the transformer which I think is a 37-640?   Accidentially ran across this while searching for shadow meter installations for 37-630 radios which I had thought I now have 2 radios but in fact this one I have had for 2 years is really a 640........I think.   A 640 wouldnt be stuck in a table top cabinet due to heat?  This now makes me wonder if I need to go back through the now 640 chassis. NEVERMIND, IT is a 630. Only has one output tube 6f6g.

I started collecting radios when I was a kid.......never kept any of them.  Always messed them up(didnt know what I was doing)  Sucessfully bought my first radio and got it working in 1995in california, and carried it home on a 3 day train ride.  It was a philco 38 code 123 battery operated farm set. 

Have checked voltage across shadow meter. On the strongest station with 30 feet of indoor wire antenna it gets as low as 1.6 volts. Off station is about 4, 5 volts if I really hunt for a dead spot. All tube shields missing due to this came with metal versions of same tubes for r.f. and. i.f. tubes.

I started collecting radios when I was a kid.......never kept any of them.  Always messed them up(didnt know what I was doing)  Sucessfully bought my first radio and got it working in 1995in california, and carried it home on a 3 day train ride.  It was a philco 38 code 123 battery operated farm set.