Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Differences between 46-200 and 48-200

I did not look up a picture of the set you are talking about, but if the back was held on by the T clips I have some round head metal trim mounts I could throw in an envelope and send you. These fit good on a few sets I tried them on.

Jim Berg Wrote:I did not look up a picture of the set you are talking about, but if the back was held on by the T clips I have some round head metal trim mounts I could throw in an envelope and send you. These fit good on a few sets I tried them on.
Thank you for offering to send me the trim mounts. I'll PM you my address.

Brian

I got your address and I will drop them in the mail on Wednesday.

scooby214 Wrote:I do have my eye on a console radio from 1941. I don't know the model number, but I'll attach a photo.

Those are good performing sets, but two problems they encounter are the deteriorating plastic bezel, pushbuttons and knobs, the other is the rubber wiring (at least in the US built versions) One that you may want to keep an eye open for is a post war model with a similar cabinet, it had the modern 88-108mc FM band, bakelite knobs, and a wooden bezel. I think that they were using vinyl insulated wire by then so it likely won't be an issue.
Happy Christmas
Happy New Year

The back I ordered arrived from Retro-Tronics. Since I don't have the clips to hold it, I simply set it in the radio. It is a tight fit, but it fits and it looks great. The vents look the same as the ones I've seen on the original backs. It is made out of a smooth fiberboard panel and is thick enough to be flush with the back of the radio when installed. Of course, it doesn't have the stickers that one would find on the original back, but I do like the reproduction back panel.