Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-650 and 70 chassis washers

Can anyone recommend a vendor for the chassis washers of these two Philcos models, whom will not charge $4.00 a washer.

Yep. Lowes or Home Depot. You could buy their grommets and trim them. If this is what you want to do.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Trying to finish this 37-650 and after several weeks of not working on it, I am not receiving any stations lower than 710 AM. Tried to start alignment and found AC signal just above 200 volts A/C. Procedure indicates meter should be in the 30 volt range. I have the positive on the plate of one of the audio amp tubes and negative on cathode. Any suggestions as to could be the problem. I don't get ay meter swing when adjusting comparators neither. Thanks

I am not sure how you could get 200V AC across the output tuve, but myself, I always clip my meter to the output xfmr secondary (or speaker's voice coil) and measure volts.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Philco Model 76 Highboy
That's a nice looking cabinet. With a little bit of rub on stain and paste wax that should even out the finish. When you...Radioroslyn — 05:20 PM
What do I have? Philco 655
Hi Adam, Others may know more than me, but it was not uncommon for Philco to run out of cabinets and use one for a new...MrFixr55 — 02:51 PM
What do I have? Philco 655
Haven't been on here in a while, and it's been a while since I've worked on a Philco.  I picked this up a while back, an...adamrobertg — 08:10 AM
Clear Schematic for 41-255
Hello Ross, We have all been there don't worry the guys here have you taken care of !! Sincerely Richardradiorich — 09:35 PM
What's really funny is I looked at the pages and saw 255 and it took me 30 sec of looking at the schematic trying to fig...RossH — 05:19 PM
Ross, sorry, clicked on the wrong one. here's the down load for the 41-255 as an attachment.klondike98 — 04:40 PM
RossH - Were you looking at our copy of the 1941 Yearbook, or one that you found elsewhere?DaleHCook — 04:12 PM
Ditto. Perfectly readable here. Monitor or computer problems?!rfeenstra — 12:10 PM
I have just gone to the link Gary provided in #2, the 1941 yearbook, and I do not see any whatsoever small print that I ...morzh — 12:00 PM
Thank you for scanning it, but this for the 220 and 225.  I need the one for 250 and 255.  The one I have, which is many...RossH — 11:32 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>