Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fused 2 or 3 prong male plug ends 120v US

i noticed some odd ball tags on this hobby lobby cord like one that said "use as temp only wiring for less than 60days".

they claim the stranded wiring is 22awg but i measure .040 inches which is 18awg

the insulation is rated to be 105degC.

there is no UL marking so im thinking they "china" found a loop hole in order to supply a polarized cord with on off sw & a lamp socket and lamp without testing.

it came with a couple spare 5amp mini fuses , a 25watt 120v bulb so.... im sure it will be fine for an antique lamp i am doing.

Perhaps they are trying to discourage people from permanent use of extension cords. Wnen we arrived at my wife's parents house, the basement, and connections to outbuildings were teaming with extension cords of every type and capacity running thihs way and that, daisy chained - you name it, I saw it! Shocking...

Mostly this was in place of running proper electrical service, and it was truly horrifying to me, but people do crazy things and get away with it most of the time... I can't understand how there was not a fire or an electrocution.

I don't hold with furniture that talks.