Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-608 cabinet refinish

Finished up cabinet but still to get a radio/phono decal put on, will do that when I get one . Photo finish turned out well as the entire cabinet. Will post pictures of the complete radio when every thing is done. Customer will be very pleased of there restored Philco.

Attached Files Image(s)

looks awesome! what color toners did you use? that's about the exact color I want to use on my 41-616 when I finally get too.

Another great job, Fred Icon_clap Icon_clap Icon_clap

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Hi Fred -

Where did you get the new photo finish?

mark, there's no photofinish on this model

Huh?

Photo finish references in posts #1, #6, and #16.

The pictures in post #1 sure look like photo finish to me, top and bottom of the dial face opening and the grill bars.

Are you saying that new vinyl photo finish was not applied but rather was hand-painted or some other faux technique was used?

Hey Mark you are correct, my error...not my first.  I was simply going by the listing of sets with photofinish which is clearly incomplete.  Fred will have to comment on what he did but I know that Phlogiston has hand painted some of the photofinish replacements on his sets.  That's well beyond my skill level. I have used the inkjet printed on paper technique you can find here: http://www.philcoradio.com/schooley/