Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gozinta

Good find on the TrolMaster Ron and I'm glad you snagged the one on eBay Mike.

I've been out-of-town on vacation for the last 9 days so I'm late getting caught up in the latest developments.  I've been thinking that using a plastic syringe might work similar to the TrolMaster.  If the right size is used and the tip cut off it might thread onto the control shaft and a cleaner sprayed into it and then the plunger put back on to force the chemical into the control.  I'll have to see what size syringes I still have and if they are the right diameter or if an adapter will have to be made.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

If there is one ending in a plastic tubing, that could be it.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

The modern Gozinta:

https://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/To...g_Cap.html

I'm not sure how well these work, but since someone on ARF posted a link I thought I'd share it.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

>>>Does the Deoxit Fader Lube come in an aerosol can with a straw? I'm thinking simple, like maybe an adaptor to connect an aerosol straw to the control. Any thoughts?
(Steve Davis).

John

Good find, and exactly what Steve suggested.

This would work better for the panel-mount pots, as in small radios like my Zenith T/O the pot is mounted on a separate bracket that then is screwed to the chassis, so one won't be able to just screw it on - it will require disassembly.
TrolMaster, on the other hand, is long and axial so it accesses this kind of locations.

I wonder if Steve could make the Gozinta analog in limited qtys - many folks here would be interested.
The adapter is straightforward, and the access for the aerosol can tube probably should have some gasket in it so the stuff doesn't just get sprayed back outside.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

The OLD De-Oxit can would be good for this.

The new can with the swivel head is a pile of - - leaking contents. A good case of "better" is NOT better.

Anybody know where the "old" style can,  can be purchased?

Remember to use the "FADER LUBE" variety.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Russ

Same places that sell new-stype sell old-style cans.

In fact 2 years ago (and I posted a thread about it) I purchase a new-style can and it leaked like a b...ch. It sprayed out more from the swivel than to the target.
I complained and the seller simply sent me the old style can for free.
It happened on Amazon.