Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ZENITH 6-S-229 REPAIR

Looks good Mike! 

The first radio I restored was your radios predecessor, the 5-S-127.  Long story, but it was given to me as a young teen by very good friends of our family, but didn't get restored until several years later when I was in the USAF.  I was very impressed with its performance also and DX'd many shortwave and BC stations with it.  I probably ought to pull it out, replace the belt, give it a polish, and freshen up cap/resistors one of these days.

[Image: https://i.imgur.com/RYnUjR8.jpg?2]

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

John

Yes that is also a very good looking set and seems to be almost the same other than the grill.

The performance of it should be pretty much the same as my 6 tune count vs your 5 is achieved by splitting 6Q7 diode-triode tube into separate 6H6 and 6F5 diodes and triode. Same output and likely the same speaker.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

morzh Wrote:Ron

I meant removal of the other photo Icon_smile

This one is 90 degrees... Icon_lol

I did remove the photo that was turned 90 degrees. The one which remains was, and is, straight. On my end anyway.

Probably your tablet Icon_wink

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Probably.

To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
(Paul Ehrlich).

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.