Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 91x??

.pdf Scan_0042.pdf Size: 582.46 KB  Downloads: 134
Need some help identifying the chassis that was in a cabinet  that I found at a yard sale. 

From the research I did on Philco Radio Galley the cabinet is either a June 1932 91X or possibly a Fall 1932 71X, since the chassis I have has eight tubes and the 71X is listed as 7 tubes I have ruled this model out.

I went to Nostalgia Air and printed the schematic for Philco 91 ( attached)  this schematic doesn't appear to match the chassis I have. The most notable difference is the schematic only shows two Electrolytic Cond. items 57 and 55.  You can see from the attached picture I have three cans.   Next difference this is  that the  attached schematic has 9 tubes. 

I Have attached a picture if the cabinet, front and back pictures of the chassis and a copy of the schematic.

Any help with this identification would be greatly appreciated.  

Also the chassis doesn't have any identifying marking that would help.

Attached Files Image(s)

Try a model 43.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

That's one big power transformer, must be a 25 cycle set.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

It's definitely not a model 91, a model 91 is basically laid out like a model 90, but with 6.3 volt tubes rather then the 2.5 volt AC ones.
Regards
Arran

As Terry said, probably a 43.

43 Schematic

43X

When you get it all cleaned up shoot a pic of it over to Nathan so we can add it to the Gallery. As it stands now we haven't one now and it would be a help. Tnx!

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks for the help. When I'm done i will send pictures . The cabinets does have 80 years of dents and dings