Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-116 Cloth Question

Nathan?

Can you help please?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I recall now using the newer interface to post images I have the old  one as i prefer it.  i dont see  a place to go back to the newer interface.  I think that it was i need
Where is it?

Thanks

Bill

PS found it   ok yes it all works  thank you RON!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

SO that is too big This is the right size on the responsive interface but HUGE on the default.
Not sure how to limit image size.
Bill

That is beautiful!

Sorry for all the extra stuff in your thread. IS the image size ok?

Bill

Hi poulsbobill! Your image looks just fine on my end. Thanks for sharing it with us!

mbhdesign
Michael Hennessey

Extra stuff? That MADE my thread!

Is that all original? All the lettering was gone on mine when I found it. Just wondering about PHILCO and the 'High Fidelity" moniker.

Yes as far as i know they are original. The decals around the knobs are beat up and i got some from radio daze but they dont really match.
Now it could be the ones i have are not original or...
For Now i am leaving the what i think are original around the knobs alone and then replace them all with the radio daze ones or find another set that match the old one's better one day.

Bill

I like that MBH, Primum, Non Nocere, First, do no harm. I think That Doppelganger's Radio can be the best of both worlds, but yes, by all means, restore the chassis to working and pretty condition. Sometimes, I listen through a transmitter, but if listening to music, I like "direct injection". The amplifiers on a lot of these radios sound pretty good, especially when listening to big band music!

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55

@Poulsbobill - I agree with Doppelganger, the more the better when it comes to adding content. Thanks for sticking with it and getting your photo up there. What a beaut!

Yes. I can see that the typeface style used on your decals is original 1930s stuff. I would keep it too. (By the way, I grew up in the Shoreline area from 1980 to 1992. My mom lives on Orcas Island.)

@Doppelganger. I’m following all your 37-116 threads and will keep an eye open for anything you might need. I’m a good scrounger. I know others here will have your back as you work on your radio. I hope you’ll keep us in the loop as to your progress! Love every minute of it.

mbhdesign
Michael Hennessey

@mbhdesign

I really appreciate it - will need all the help I can get! Icon_smile

My 37-116 is my daily driver. Here in the Seattle area we are lucky enough to have several rock stations ( big band? really? lol im kidding!!!!!!!!), over the air to choose from.
It has the best sound of my 2 higher tube count zeniths , 9-s-262 and 12-s-266.
And you can't beat magnetic tuning or the adjustable IF's.
Very fortunate to have found it.

Bill

Hello Bill,
really nice cosole !
Sincerely Richard