Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 38-2XX need some dimensions please

Jayce Wrote:A similar thing has been happening with the old arcade games for a good bit now. People buy the old cabs abd gut them to make MAME and JAMMA cabinets out of them. Not unusual to see the most classic games get gutted. I admit to owning a JAMMA Pac-Mac mini cabinet, but it was done tastefully and all he guts but the monitor had been stripped from it when it was found anyways. To look at it, you wouldn't know it is a multicade.
As far as gutting out a complete 38-2 Philco, I have to agree with others on here. It is really just a step below the mighty 38-116 from what I have seen and I almost bought one a few months ago off Craigslist. Heck, I've got a couple radios that were bound for the trash myself. One is a fairly valuable art-deco tombstone by Crosley that is a good performer. I should bring it down to the house to enjoy over the winter months. Anyways, just adding my two cents.

I'm surprised that they can manage to get ahold of an old arcade video game for a cheap enough price to gut, even with fixer upper ones it's hard getting one for under $150 which is surprising since you wouldn't think that most people wouldfind the room. Interestingly enough with many old arcade games you can buy replacement cabinets still along with the light up panels.
Regards
Arran

thanks for the advice guys, i'm on my way to antique radios forum to see if I can find some empties.

JROZ Wrote:thanks for the advice guys, i'm on my way to antique radios forum to see if I can find some empties.
That's a better plan. The empties are out there! Icon_thumbup

No matter where you go, there you are.

JROZ Wrote:i'm on my way to antique radios forum to see if I can find some empties.
Why are you going there, can't you ask here??? We do have a Wanted forum as well as a For Sale or Trade forum. Icon_rolleyes

There is a swap meet twice a year in Kutztown, Pennsylvania. They have a tradition of burning unwanted console cabinets at each meet. All of you guys who want to build these things should flock there every meet and grab every unwanted console cabinet you can, since they are free for the taking. Just a thought.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron Ramirez Wrote:
JROZ Wrote:i'm on my way to antique radios forum to see if I can find some empties.
Why are you going there, can't you ask here??? We do have a Wanted forum as well as a For Sale or Trade forum. Icon_rolleyes

There is a swap meet twice a year in Kutztown, Pennsylvania. They have a tradition of burning unwanted console cabinets at each meet. All of you guys who want to build these things should flock there every meet and grab every unwanted console cabinet you can, since they are free for the taking. Just a thought.

just taking one of the guys suggestions... on a side note..does a 17" sound correct for the depth of a Model 38-2XX? Sounds very deep compared to the others! I may just pick this one up anyways and trade it later on like someone said..maybe fix it up and sell it for more Icon_smile

Icon_thumbdown JROZ I hope u take the advise form all the collectors out there and don't do the unthinkable. There are repro consoles out there maybe u will find one on craigs list or ebay.