Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reasonable Offer for 16b Peaked Tombstone

I was really impressed with the seller. He treated our situation like a private transaction. He wanted to make sure I was happy with it before we completed the deal. I have him a bunch of information about the Puget Sound Antique Radio Association, this forum, and the Alternative Radio Forum. He is into early Hi-Fi stereo, and wanted someone to help teach him. All in all I am very pleased with everything. I will start another thread when I get into the chassis. As they are the same 5-band chassis, I will be doing this one and the cathedral 16B at the same time.

Great findIcon_thumbup! Congratulations! I love the look of this model 16 and your appears to be in great original condition, NICE!
I wanted this version for years and finally picked one up early this summer. Mine is the later version with the cylindrical caps. I paid $175 for mine, but someone had refinished the cabinet (wrong) and it didn't have the correct knobs, but the origial grille cloth is still good as is the cabinet and chassis. It's on my to do list for this winter. looking forward to restoring it, I've heard great things about this model!
Kevin

Ledhed, what a nice looking radio! I'm attaching a link to one of those nasty cans that I had restuffed on a 111. I also did one earlier with the same nice results on the same chassis your working on. I was apparently lucky, both came out in one nice large chunk of tar and caps. No heat, or stinky smell. I do like the idea of freeing the top of the can for removal from underneath the chassis as indicated on the thread. No removing of the wires attached to all the lugs. Just a small twist on the proper size drill and the little feed through wires come off.
Good luck.
Jerry

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=5078

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.