Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Phinish - RePhinish - Phinished

Ok here it is done and a picture next to a photofinish  37-34. Can you tell any difference?

Now I am not sure what to do with it since it is kind of a "resto-mod" in car terms. Might take it to the antique sale, but Sue likes it, says to sell the one with the photofinish.

It sure works well after the recap (stuffed) and recarbonate (now stuffed wire).

[attachment=1665]

[attachment=1666]

This is very nice work. I have a Philco 37-60 that needs redone. The photo finish is damaged. Can you give us a little more of an idea on how you did this. Is that printed paper you applied? If so, how did you attach it? Did you color print it or print in black and white and color with paint. etc. You have done a very beautiful job. I am quite interested in saving the ol philco and up to this point I have been considering putting veneer on it, but I am certain that will not look very original.

Many Thanks

No the one on the left is now real veneer, Bird's Eye Maple inlaid into Walnut Burl.

The cabinet had been stripped by someone else. The chassis was in very nice shape. So I saw this as the only option for keeping that cabinet.

That makes sense, it sure is beautiful. Where did you get the veneer?

I remember paying too much for 4 sheets of that walnut at Woodcrafters, but it was nice. The bird's eye came off of the internet. I don't remember where.

P.S. It still needs a band switch lever rather than that brown knob in the center.

That is a really beautiful radio!!! I can see why she said sell the other one.

Phantastic restoration! Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

I think that is what we will do. Thanks

Anybody need a 6V battery radio?

Place an ad in the For Sale or Trade section. You might be surprised how easy it may be to sell, as good looking as that 37-34 is.

And I concur - the 37-620 looks beautiful! Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN