Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

please help identify this model

Ampex made some real beauties. One even contained a video recorder with camera and sold for small fortune.

I don't think that many are beating this guy's door down to get to his butchered stereos, somehow I think he will be waiting a long time before he ever gets $14K for his mass of 40+ year old recycled particleboard. I looked in his sales history and it doesn't look like he has ever sold any of these. Part of the nature of audiophools is that they like component systems and they like them out in the open to show off, not hidden in a cabinet, so I think he misread the market big time. If someone pays four figures and up for their tube amp you can bet that they want to see the tubes glowing.
I was just looking elsewhere on fleabay and you can pick up a restored Wurlitzer jukebox for less then that, never mind the other brands, delivered. Part of the reason people don't like cabinet stereos is the fact that they are six to ten feet long, they don't care what's under the lid, if anything they would prefer it with the original guts.
Regards
Arran