Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-3 That old musty smell..

Not really. Feed-N-Wax uses a thin petroleum distillate base. As such, it evaporates rapidly after soaking into the wood grain. It's intended to spruce up an existing cabinet finish.

I used Minwax Sanding Sealer after a successful bleach treatment, and that did the trick. It's primarily used to seal the wood grain before applying finish lacquer to a cabinet. Do not sand the product when it's used for your application. The one quart can with UPC 0 27426 65600 0 is enough to do a number of sets.

Hope this helps!

-O.B.

I bought by Zenith that reeked of that "whole house air freshener" crap that I totally hate. For 3 months or so it was noticeable, but after 1/2 year it all but disappeared. Today there's no trace of it.

So I would go for "air and wait" advice plus the charcoal probably not a bad idea either.

Moth balls. Careful lest you make Phosgene.

JROZ..Are you serious? There is 40 to 50 years of smells that go into that tube radio. That radio has earned THE TIME TO SMELL..LOL.. That burning smell of the dust warming on those tubes is mmmmmmmm great. Also the radio cabinet letting off the musty smell of the homes they were in since new is from a begone era you can not replace.....Enjoy them as they were ment to be, since you resqued them from the scap yard..