Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Yes, that Alton. He only sells tubes that test close to or at NOS Gm. In fact, I need to ctc him as I have not done so in awhile.

I prefer using a grill to make s'mores. Tried using high current through a resistor and it made them taste funny.

You had better contact him quick, Tom...he had placed an ad in ARF wanting to sell his business, and then withdrew it:

http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopi...5&t=253556

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

He's been saying that for years, but maybe I'd better.......

Crying "wolf," eh? Icon_think

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

HA! Ya I believe where Alton is from in "Loo-ziana" they call it "cryin'-wuff"

Gary did that too on his website.. oldradioparts.com.. posted it was for sale and then it disappeared after he took a little vacation.. hehe..

Actually, I can understand that...one can experience health issues, or simply get "down" about things and want to quit, and then realize that he or she enjoys the work and decides to keep going.

I do not know Alton but I wish him well.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hoo-boy, can I attest to that! The older you get the harder it is to fight all the health issues. Old age ain't for sissies!!

Alton's a nice guy. He automatically sends me Philco Tubes whenever I make an order. ;-)

btw... still fighting this 39-7.. I have a short somewhere... it's pissing me off cause I can't find it.

Try leaving a cold solder joint in a mouse trap. It attracts shorts.... Icon_smile

If you know there is a short, it is easy to find. A short is a short. Especially a dead one.

it's not a dead short. Icon_sad I'm going to bring it to the next VRPS meeting.. need a fresh pair of eyes. I know it's staring me in the face but I'm not seeing it. maybe I should go post something in the electrical restoration section as well.

Maybe you should Icon_smile